Saturday, January 9, 2010

Need Your Advice

Ok, so...for my first try at refinishing something I chose to refinish this antique wood desk.











My original intent was to paint it white and distress it a little.  My inspiration was this photo...














I planned to get some cute vintage clear knobs and buy a funky print chair.

But, at the last minute standing in the Lowes paint aisle my eyes were drawn to stains. For some reason the stains were calling my name. I ended up staining the desk a darker color to make it look more mahogany.











At first I was pleased with how it turned out but now I can’t stop my brain from thinking what it could/would look like if I stuck to my original idea of painting it white. What do you guys think? Should I repaint it white or keep it the way it is?

Scroll to the end of this post and click on the link that reads "Click here to leave a Comment" to tell me what you think I should do.

2 comments:

Stacey M. said...

I love the white look. Go with your gut!

Anonymous said...

It depends on the room you will put it in and the overall look you want to achieve. That inspiration photo is beautiful. Although I tend to lean towards dark/espresso brown type stains/shades...this white look is very chabby chic...LOVE IT!